Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
\'93 Rear wheel on an \'88?

I'm finally reassembling assembling my '88 750(should actually run today!). I found a pimpin' purple rear wheel from a '93 sitting around, and it seems to clear everything (barely). I haven't mounted the chain yet. Anyone have any comments on it fitting with a 180 rear?

And I know, it will turn slower. This is for the street, I can deal with it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Re: \'93 Rear wheel on an \'88?

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by dinoracer:
I'm finally reassembling assembling my '88 750(should actually run today!). I found a pimpin' purple rear wheel from a '93 sitting around, and it seems to clear everything (barely). I haven't mounted the chain yet. Anyone have any comments on it fitting with a 180 rear?

And I know, it will turn slower. This is for the street, I can deal with it.
<hr></blockquote>

It will fit fine. Just make sure that you keep it adjusted correctly. It is a tight fit and will rub on your rear brake control arm or the chain.

I would like to see pics when it's together.

Here is mine:
88 750

J

G

·

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jason L:

It will fit fine. Just make sure that you keep it adjusted correctly. It is a tight fit and will rub on your rear brake control arm or the chain.
J
<hr></blockquote>

He's right.... I used one on my 88 GSXR 750 in my sig pic and the tire rubbed on the brake stay arm. At least the 180 Michelin slick I was running at the time rubbed but I don't remember it hitting the chain.

·
Registered
161 Posts

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by dinoracer:
Very nice! I'll post some photos soon.

Hey, how does that D&D fit related to ground clearance? My real old school Kerker has some serious clearance problems. But it looks nice (definitely form over function!)

<hr></blockquote>

The D&D is awesome.

It has slightly more clearance than stock.

The bubble on the fairing and the pegs would scrape long before the pipe.

J

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Very nice! I'll post some photos soon.

Hey, how does that D&D fit related to ground clearance? My real old school Kerker has some serious clearance problems. But it looks nice (definitely form over function!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts