Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
\'93-\'98 GSXR 1100 Header question.

Hello riders. I just recieved a D&D 4-2-1 S/S header off Ebay (finally) and it is supposed to fit '93-'98 GSXR 1100's. Now I removed my old stock exhaust and wanted to install this header. Here is the grabber. It fits into the head no problem, but the tubes aim downward, rather than tuck up tightly against the oil pan. I cannot do anything about this. The pipes hit three aluminum bosses/tabs on the bottom of the oil pan. I have never seen such a poor fitting piece. I don't want to remove these tabs either. I am sure they are there fora reason. This situation also causes my radiator to be pushed outward by at least one and a half inches. It also looks like this pipe may be off a 750. I assume this because it looks so tight and I am not sure the oil filter will be able to be removed without taking the exhaust off. I wish to ask all fellow rider's for their advice on this scenario. Are '93-'98 really interchangeable? Did I get hosed by the dude off Ebay? I e-mailed him, but no reply. Surprise. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Would you e-mail me any advice at [email protected] Thanks everybody. Shayne.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Re: \'93-\'98 GSXR 1100 Header question.

The pipes are indeed interchangeable. The 750 pipe is different to clear oil pan....I think you got a 750 pipe dude. Almost forgot that deck height would be taller on 1100..again verifing 750 is probably what you received.

·
Premium Member
7,715 Posts

Don't count on getting your oil filter off without a hell of a mess with any headers other than stock. I have to use lots of rags with me Micron system in place to change the filter.

·
Registered
68 Posts

I got a full D& D exhaust and I really didn't have any problems wit it, but I will say changing the oil filter is a pain ih the ass...sound like u probably got a 750.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts

The pipes are indeed interchangeable. The 750 pipe is different to clear oil pan....I think you got a 750 pipe dude. Almost forgot that deck height would be taller on 1100..again verifing 750 is probably what you received.

should clarify...if you change enough parts they are interchangeable that is. I still think you got the 750 header though.....DOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
#1 tuner
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing