Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I bougght a replacement CDI ignition "Black Box" for my `92 Gsxr1100. The replacement CDI is from a 93-97 Gsxr1100, It is identical, except there are 2 extra terminals. My 92 CDI module has 4 terminals in the larger of the 2 plugs, while the new one has 6. What are the 2 extra terminals for? Can someone email me a 93-97 schematic, I would like to utilize the extra terminals if I can. Also does the 93-97 still use the 2.5 ohm to 3 ohm Ignition coils? Thanks!!!!

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Could be for Water temp? Why not just use a 91-92 box? If you need more RPM switch to a 91-92 750 box plugs right in and has a much higher limiter.(can you say valve float?)
Bones

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bones,
I was in a hurry to find something so I could ride and that was all I could find on short notice.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
the cdi box off of a watercool will not work on a oilcool due to the difference in the trigger on the crank...your bike uses two triggers on the crank while the watercool uses a different style trigger...it's been so long since i've seen a stock trigger plate since we always see/use the dyna ignitions...i will have to double check for you on that stuff...

thanks,
dwayne

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Dwayne, I am glad you told me that because I was gonna use it. I guess I will have to wait till monday snd get a dyna2000. thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.