Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
\'93 750 carb question.........

Hi All, I just picked up my first gsxr. Its a 750 and I paid $300 but it needs some work. Anyway, i'm going through the carbs and found it has different springs. Carbs 1&4 are long, 2&3 are short......is this right?? Also, the mains are 115's, are these stock? The bike ran when I picked it up but #4 cyl. wasn't firing. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
7,886 Posts
Re: \'93 750 carb question.........

Wow! $300.00! no way!
yeah outer springs are longer and different colors and 115's are the norm,usually on a untouched carb the air mixture screws are plugged that's a good way to tell if it's aftermarkets in there,also various "c" clip positions on the needles with give it away as being "aftermarket". I would pull the plugs and see if #4 even sparks when you crank her over.Culd be something simple like a bad plug or even a plug wire.Check back with results.
Bobbychet

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks for the quick reply.........someone drilled the plugs out already & turned them out 3 turns. Does that sound about right? It has a slip-on & uni filter. I got it that cheap because it was dumped. It needs at least a front wheel & forks. Most of the fairing is junk too. If I can get it running well I might make a street fighter or something??

·
Registered
55 Posts

Still for $300, more than half of us would give you twice that to have it as a parts bike. Good luck with it, and like Bobby said, keep us posted on your progress.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Heres a pic.............looks like the carbs are stock. The petcock is shot too
. What mods work for this bike? I'm thinking of a stage 3 kit. I have one on my zrx & it really woke it up.

·
Registered
7,886 Posts

Factory stage 1 kit for an all around band motor, maybe an aftermarket ignition advancer I Factory makes one of those as well front rim,forks and plastics and your'e on the road!

Bobbychet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.