Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have acquired a complete 92 and will start the swing arm swap and various parts install. Any advice is appreciated; remember I have all the parts to use from the 92. A while back I promised a Powerpak to someone. Remind me if you still want it. If not it and many other parts are going on Ebay.

·
Registered
352 Posts
It wouldn't by chance have a windsheild stay on it? I am still trying to find one.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Sold!!! email the total and how you want it.

Thanks

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
Then be prepared to cut out some material for shock clearance

The Fox shock has a bit wider spring (I scratched it when test fitting
) so I have to remove even more material

you have to also work the lower section of swingarm as well

750's might need less "massaging"

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damit I knew I should have asked for more. Let me package it up and get the shipping total. Email me your address and I will take care of it asap. Paypal is good for me.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Yosh, I need the carb boots, how much do you want for those, also I am interesed in the frame and motor let me know how much , mostly I need the carb boots, for my Kehin's
email me I don't check gixxer.com out too much anymore
-Karl
ps I am also interested in the oil cooler

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
what type pipe is on it. I am also interested in the carbs.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the pipe is a V&H I think I'll check when I get home but it has scratches on the can other then that it is good maybe a even stainless one. Pipe and carbs for $125 + shipping.

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
sold let me know for sure. Im wera racing a 92 and I can never have enough stuff

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think you guys are a little heavy on the crack pipe.
I'm not done yet but I think I will have it in without "clearancing" the swing arm. It may not be fair since I have all the parts off the 92 to work with. I decided to use the 92 shock, It's a shame my nice fox is going to get stored for now. If the 92 shock fits well then I may get a fox for a 92 down the road. I am going to modify the part of the dog bone assembly that connects to the frame. I would prefer to make new tabs on the frame to match the 92 dog bone assembly but my aluminum welding skills are marginal as best. Maybe I will change my mind before I get to it. I have a couple of days to think about it before I go at it again.

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
what you have to watch out for is the fact that the bottom of the shock swings back as the linkage rises

so sure it might look fine just test fitting, but compress the rear and you will see the spring bind on the swingarm
(all this on my 1100 which is slightly different than your 750)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you take into account the diffrent lenghts of the pivot piece. they look about 1" diffrent. I hope the 92 pivot will put the shock in the correct position.

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
Originally posted by Yosh:
Did you take into account the diffrent lenghts of the pivot piece. they look about 1" diffrent. I hope the 92 pivot will put the shock in the correct position.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">he he he

I been down that road before, even bought a Fox SRS link to try

the 92 linkage would require you to change your top shock mount as well since it would hang down much lower and the shock would need to be 2 inches longer

I decided to go with the 93 banana arm and am having some more custom adjustable dog bones made up to work with it

but go ahead and try for yourself

[ 02-03-2003, 08:25 AM: Message edited by: Mr Gixxer ]

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
First I take back the crack part. I machined the 92 pivot piece to fit the 85 frame, assembled everything, took apart, consumed beer, grinded on the pivot arm, repeat, again...again...again. Threw 92 pivot in the trash. Put the 85 pivot back on with the fox and there seems to be lots of room. The dog bone stuff still needs to be worked out. Then I reviewed the past posts,
. The suspension seems somewhat hard with little movement but that was with rigged dog bones and the eccentric piece. What size dog bone did you end up with and how much can I lift the back end before I run into angel / chain problems? I would like to get it up as high as possible for ground clearance. What material should the new center hole pivot be made out of? Doug Do you have extra parts I could purchase or have proper specs?

My humble thanks,

Yosh

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
yosh, I lost your email address about those parts, I still want 'em

email me again...
sorry
-Karl

1 - 17 of 17 Posts