Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 1100. Looking to refill the nitrogen in the rear shock and need to know what PSI is required. I have a haynes or clymer i forget which manual, but it doesn't have the spec. Does the Suzuki manual?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Har de har har my friend

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I have an `89 and the owner's manual doesn't mention anything about rear-shock pressures. Also, I have the Suzuki factory manual that covers `89-`92 and it also leaves the issue a complete mystery. One of the upgrades that I have planned for mine is to replace the rear shock with an aftermarket Ohlins or Fox unit... I dunno `bout this particular Suzuki shock, but most Japanes bikes have junk for OEM back there... I wouldn't even know where to begin to look for the pressure range for that thing. <shrugs> how's that for non-helpful?

·
Registered
434 Posts
you need 180 psi of either nitrogen or dry air, there is a rubber bladder between the oil and the gas so no mixing occurs. I go to a goodyear tire store and they have nitrogen there that they use to purge air conditioning systems before they recharge them, put a tire chuck on the line set the regulator to 180 and hit the valve and voila 180 psi of nitrogen and do not try to check it with a gauge the volume is so small it will bleed a ton of pressure off the system every time you try with a gauge. PS they only charge me $10.00

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Doug. I know somebody would know

1 - 6 of 6 Posts