Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a set of 1992 750 pistons and cams on eBay. Will they fit into the 85 block?

Does someone have the dimensions of the 92 hardware? I have the service manual for the 85 and I would like to compare dimensions. Maybe someone could scan the spec page for a 92 and mail/fax it to me? That way no one has to type all those numbers.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Erric, The pistons for 85-87, and 90-92 750's are interchangable.

Same goes for blocks, rods, crank, and head. The 90-92 head will bolt on to an 85-87 and work but it is a shim-style valve setup instead of an adjuster screw setup.

Get the history on those used pistons before you bid...did he do a big bore? and did he do it for a reason? or do just want one to replace the marfed one you have?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Simon Orttan:
Erric, The pistons for 85-87, and 90-92 750's are interchangable.

Same goes for blocks, rods, crank, and head. The 90-92 head will bolt on to an 85-87 and work but it is a shim-style valve setup instead of an adjuster screw setup.

Get the history on those used pistons before you bid...did he do a big bore? and did he do it for a reason? or do just want one to replace the marfed one you have?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No NOT SHIMS!!!!!! God I hate shims, my BMW has spoiled my with easily adjustable screws that I can't go to shims.
I'll check out some history on those pistons, not to mention there are only 3 pins that come with the auction and not 4 ... I have 3 potentially good ones in the current motor.

The pistons on the 90-92 series are lighter/thinner, correct? I remember reading that somewhere...less reciprocating mass means quicker spin-up which means faster acceleration.
Was the redline on the 90-92 any different? I can find that out on the spec page I'm sure, just throwing out questions to become quickly informed.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Originally posted by Simon Orttan:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm pretty sure that the '90 750 still used the screw type adjusters, but the redline is still at 13K.

Yancy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts