Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a slight problem with my bike it wont start!!!!! i dont know what the problem is it did sit for just over a month (because i got in to an accident not on the bike) and now it just cranks and cranks once in a while it has a little burp of starting but nothing really. and it back fired once really bad and thats it what could cause this??? help please

·
Registered
283 Posts
1.) Drain tank and all float bowls.

2.) Install fresh gas.

3.) Make sure petcock is in correct position (Like I didn't for a few minutes last weekend :cool )

4.) Fresh plugs don't hurt, esp. if you're due anyway.

5.) Try again, and don't reef on the throttle too much.

·
Registered
452 Posts
You may want to spin it over on the starter WITHOUT the spark plugs installed. This will "push" out any fuel which may have drain into the engine via the carburetors while it was in-active.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Your welcome.

I suspect your petcock is like my '87 in that it's generally vacuum activated, thus when floats and/or tank is drained, you need to switch to "prime" so that the gas will flow in the old fashioned way: gravity. Yet another reason why I prefer clear fuel lines, so you can see what is or isn't happening.

Good luck,

DP

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.