Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
\'92 Gixxer600 forks (Bandit owner, please help)

I can get my hands on a set of '92 600 forks that I would retrofit to my bandit, this has been done commonly with the 750 and 1100 forks, and my question is, are the 600 forks a good set up? ANYTHING is better than the mushy bandit front end but I don't want to half @ss this I want forks that are gonna have an aftermarket and perform well. Thanx in advance

For all you wondering why I don't just sell the bandit and get a gixxer (believe me I would love to) but insurance for me is outrageous and the bandit 600 is classified through state farm as a "standard" not "sport" bike so insurance is cheap, also the bandit has 3 more years of payments! so for now I will make a gixxer in a bandit frame (already have 93 gixxer 750 rear shock in) next is an engine transplant, which year gsxr1100 oil cooled is the best?

Josh

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Re: \'92 Gixxer600 forks (Bandit owner, please help)

The 92 600 froks are the same as 93 750 forks so should work fine.
As for what engine is best the 86-88 1052 has a stronger crank then the 90-92 1127.
For your heaver Bandit I'd go with a Bandit 1200 engine with its more torque.
Bones

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: \'92 Gixxer600 forks (Bandit owner, please help)

Thanx, those forks will work great then, I have thought about using the bandit 1200 motor, but It is very difficult to find one, compared to a gixxer 1100 motor, so either would be fine with me I guess we'll just have to see what pops up for the right price

1 - 4 of 4 Posts