Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
\'92 750 (CA) specs

Does anyone know where I can get the full specs (hp, carb info, any general engine specs...etc) on a 1992 GSX-R750 (Cali model). I want to know everything I can about this bike and I know a lot varies with Cali models.

Any help is appreciated.

Rob

·
Registered
257 Posts
Re: \'92 750 (CA) specs

The Clymer book for these bikes also shows the differences along with the UK versions too. Basically it's smaller carbs (36mm vs 38mm for 49 state), the exap control system, and the exhaust air injection system (I don't think the 49 state had these at least). All are easily reversed except the carb size.

Matt

·
Banned
3,509 Posts

Here ya go...

1992 GSX-R750WN

Four-cylinder, four-stroke, water cooled DOHC, TSCC, four valves per cylinder.

bore/stroke*** 70mm x 48.7mm
cubic capacity*** 749cc
compression ratio*** 11.8:1
carbs*** 4 mikuni BST38SS
ignition*** Suzuki PEI
starter system*** electric
lubrication system*** wet sump

clutch*** wet, multi-plate type
gearbox*** six-speed, constant mesh

front suspension*** Inverted telescopic, coil spring preload fully adjustable, rebound and compression fully adjustable

rear suspension*** Link-type, gas/oil dampened, spring preload fully adjustable four way rebound four-way, compression twelve-way

front brake*** twin 310mm floating disc, nissin four-piston calipers
rear brake*** single 240mm disc
front tire*** 120/70ZR-17
rear tire*** 170/60ZR-17

overall length*** 81.5"/2070mm
overall width*** 28.9"/735mm
overall height*** 44.9"/1140mm
wheelbase*** 56.5"/1435mm
ground clearance*** 5.1"/130mm
seat height*** 30.7"/780mm
dry weight*** 458#/208kg

This information used without permission of Gary Pinchin, author of "Suzuki GSX-R 750" so if you want your own copy I suggest you hop on over to amazon.com like I did. What's he gonna do? Sue me? He'd never get past my wife.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks for the info. This is for the California model, right? Any idea what the claimed HP is on this bike? I thought I heard it was in the low 90's but I'd like to know for sure.

Rob

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I thought those carbs were the 38mm, thats why I questioned it. I have the Clymers for this bike but can't find any info on HP. I did find some of the other info, but I was hoping there was a listing of this info somewhere on the web that had all the info in one spot. The book sucks cuz it lists info on Katunas and Gixxers of different years and regions (US49, Cali, Canada, UK...etc).

·
Registered
257 Posts

Dude those specs are for the watercooler and not the aircooled. Most of the world got the waterpumper 750 in 92 when the US still had the air-cooled, that book is apparently written with the rest of the world in mind. The carbs listed are 38mm which is definitely wrong, the CA came with 36mm. I will check my Clymer manual but won't be able to post until next week.

As a note, my aircooled 92 is listed as a GSX-R750N, while the watercooler everyone else got is the GSX-R750WN, which is what there specs are for.

Matt

MAtt

·
Banned
3,509 Posts

It is good to see people actually pay attention to the details of what I write. That's why I was specific about the model (WN) and I listed the reference to the data (the book it came from). The guy who wrote the book was from the UK, so that's why the data was accurate for the WN. As I own an '86 I'm still in the stone age of gixxer development.

I suggest going to http://www.MCReports.com or emailing [email protected] for the complete info regarding ANYTHING ever published on ANY motorcycle.

·
Registered
17,099 Posts

horsepower for the 49-state u.s. 92 750 can run anywhere from 95-105....i'd expect most to get around 95-100. the 105's seemed only to be on magazine test bikes....ringers, in other words.

expect a bit less power on cali spec bikes, which as pointed out above came with 36mm carbs and not 38's.

i had an issue of motorcyclist or cycle world (forgot which) from years ago that had a comparison between the 92 honda cbr600f2, 92 cbr900rr, and 92 gsxr750.

the gsxr dynoed at 104.5 horses, if i remember correctly, and weighed in at around 510 pounds fully wet.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Thanks for all the updates. Would it be "safe" to say that the CA model would have 90-95 hp compared to the 95-105 for the 49 st model?

I have only mild mods at this time (full yosh race-only exhaust, ignition advancer, -1 tooth on the front sprocket), most that would not add horses. I am looking at a stage-3 jetkit and k&n filter this fall.

Rob

·
Registered
17,099 Posts

yeah, i'd say around 90-95 for cali spec bikes.....i don't think you'll find many 49 staters that'll do 105, though. the 105's were more likely than not ringers for magazine reviews....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts