Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a complete 92 1100 front end to put on my 86 750. I think I might be missing some parts. In the posted pictures one of the forks has a much larger hole for the axle to go through. IS there suppose to be a sleeve there? I can't find any good info on this so any help would be a great.
Thanks.

[ 09-30-2001: Message edited by: suzukiltd ]

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hopping that the axle in the picture was for the front. I guess it's not? This is all I have.

[ 09-30-2001: Message edited by: suzukiltd ]

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
My '94 front end is similar if not identical. The front axle has a larger diameter on the right side of the bike. It then necks down to 20mm as it passes through a spacer with a bearing shield, then the wheel, then the speedo drive unit, and into the treaded (left) fork leg. The axle you show appears to be a rear to me, or from one of the newer gixxers. The front axle on your 86 is a 15mm.

The forks look really clean/new and nice. Are they from a 92? I was lucky enough to buy my forks new and in the box, I suppose others could be that lucky too.

[ 10-01-2001: Message edited by: bcklrcr ]

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are from a 92. So the axle in the picture is not for the front? I will see if I can find the correct one and see what happens. Does anyone know where I might find a picture of the area in question?
Thanks,

[ 10-01-2001: Message edited by: suzukiltd ]

·
Registered
257 Posts
I think the "axle" shown is the swingarm pivot bolt. As other have said the correct axle will have a larger diameter step at one end. As for pictures, go to www.bikebandit.com and see if you can find a clear parts diagram, it should help.

Matt

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, those are great websites. They helped alot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts