Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure this is an old topic on here. I have a 92 750 I have found a 91 1100 motor. What all do i need I know a new pipe, black box what else?

will the engine case guards from my 750 (92) fit this 1100 (91) motor?

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
I have a black box if you need one,Like new $50 ,what do the case guards bolt to..

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
You will need:1100 oil lines,header,use your 38mm stock carbs it will run better, with ind air filters,the rest you can use from the 750,the 1100 motor is taller so you will have to make small brackets to bolt your mids to..And the clutch is hydro on a 1100,you will also need that whole set up from the handle bar to the sprocket cover,or you can just convert it to cable using a KATANA sprocket cover..just to let you know!

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Originally posted by e-racer:
You will need:1100 oil lines,header,use your 38mm stock carbs it will run better, with ind air filters,the rest you can use from the 750,the 1100 motor is taller so you will have to make small brackets to bolt your mids to..And the clutch is hydro on a 1100,you will also need that whole set up from the handle bar to the sprocket cover,or you can just convert it to cable using a KATANA sprocket cover..just to let you know!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Another alternative on the hyd. clutch is to use the remote-reservoir m/c from an early 90's vintage ZX-7 (flame-suit on). I did this to mine and it works as well as the original. I know it's not a suzi part, but it matches the remote reservoir I have for the brakes from a late-model gix.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Originally posted by wizard racing:
I am sure this is an old topic on here. I have a 92 750 I have found a 91 1100 motor. What all do i need I know a new pipe, black box what else?

will the engine case guards from my 750 (92) fit this 1100 (91) motor?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">This engine will not work for you at all. You will have to do too many modifications to your bike to get it to function. Also that many ponies under you will be too much for you to handle

Actually, I am interested in JD's motor as well
But hey, I know it would be alot easier for him to sell it to another Floridian than to have to ship it half way across the country. Good luck if you decide to buy it - I know it will be quality, he is a stand up guy!

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
The Lh Cover is different, the Rh one is the same. Oil lines or better yet switch to the 90-92 curved cooler, The 38mm carbs are better than the 36mm 1100's, If you get the motor mounts you can do some re-aranging to get it a little lower in the frame. I did the Cable Clutch on my 7-11 about 4 years ago, but the Hyd will work fine just get all the parts. Its the little things that can get you with a project like this.
Bones

1 - 6 of 6 Posts