Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know anything about the RR? I'm just curious. Where were they sold? US OR UK
and what's the diff. that make them RR.

------------------
The Last of a Breed

91/2 GSX-R 750N Vance&Hines Exhaust, V&H open air filters, jetted carbs, ported and polished heads, crappy color custom paint, Lockhart flush c/fiber blinkers yadda yadda yadda...

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
the rr was an 89 model, sold in europe and canada. whereas the regular 89 750 had the short stroke motor, the rr had the long stroke motor (which made its way back into the regular 750's in 90), as well as things like a solo seat tail section, dry clutch, close ratio gearbox, 40mm slingshot carbs, etc. i think it also had an aluminum tank (tanks on 99% of production bikes are steel) and titanium connecting rods, but i'm not entirely sure about this.

it was basically just a 'limited edition' homologation streetbike for superbike racing.

------------------

·
Registered
434 Posts
don't know about slingshot carbs but the 89 RR has external needle adjusters on the carbs and a braced swing arm was looking at a new one the other day cannot remember any other obvious diff. doug

------------------
86 totally non stock

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
http://forums.vantagenet.com/1/9/132516019/forums/1426155922/msg969233.htm

this is why i was asking. It's a 91 RR for sale.

I guess something is amiss. it says 91 J???

------------------
The Last of a Breed

91/2 GSX-R 750N Vance&Hines Exhaust, V&H open air filters, jetted carbs, ported and polished heads, crappy color custom paint, Lockhart flush c/fiber blinkers yadda yadda yadda...

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
yeah that doesn't sound right at all. he's saying it's a 91 gsxr750rr j. which is totally not right - according to suzuki's model designation, a 'j' model would be an '88. suzuki didn't make an 'rr' model in 88, or 91 for that matter.

the full designation of the 89 rr is gsxr750rrk. i have no idea what this guy's trying to sell.

and yes, the 89 rr has a braced swingarm, different fairings, and 40mm mikuni bst40ss slingshots (used on the euro and canadian 1100's from 91 on up).

i think it's the best looking of the 86-90 750's.

------------------

[This message has been edited by jeff (edited 03-24-2001).]

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just out of curiousity, where could i find a pic of one?

oh and thanks for the help

------------------
The Last of a Breed

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sharp bike. definitly not 91 body style. I guess it was stock with the solo seat.

------------------
The Last of a Breed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.