Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like my 97 also. Coming off a '91 to a newer bike you should be very impressed with the handling although ive never ridden a 91 750. They do say though the 750s have the best power to weight ratio but the 600 has plenty of power for anyone. my $.02

·
Registered
50 Posts
I love my 97 600. You will have to shift alot more than on the 750 because of the lack of torque. I happen to like the way the power works on the 600. If I was going to be racing friends from light to light I would like to have as much raw power as possible. I have mine geared up 3 in the rear and down one in the front. I love this bike! If you don't mind shifting a lot you will love this bike! Not a very objective opinion.... LOL

·
Registered
514 Posts
I say go for the 750 if possible. They say it handles just as well, but more power, and more mid-range. That makes for better wheelies. But , if it is speed you want then like it was said before, the 600 IS dang fast! Riding with 750's and 1000 just mean rolling on throttle sooner and shifting later, but I find it has enough power to keep up in the twisties. I park next to a mid-90's gixxer... they look pretty sharp. I think the bubble butt on ours looks a bit goofy...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello Guys,
I'm currently riding agsxr750M(`91 Model)
And I was thinking of replacing it with `97 600 gixxer, since I'm more of dragging knee and tight curves rider, I already can feel the `91 a bit weak for me and I'm afraid that replacing it with the `97 I will be stuck with a weaker and unstasfying bike.
What are the differences between the 96-97 600's and 750's(beside the price he he...)
Help me decide!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
the '97 is enough for most ,
power and handling is superb !
at least mine was until last saturday

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thank you for your opinions guys.
This morning I took a ride on the 600 and as I thought it was sooooo different from my old gixxa, that the 10 min ride wasn`t too satisfying, the bike has 24000Km
and is 2nd hand, it's in inspection now(cross your fingers for me).
The main reason for me to take it is that no one has nothing bad to say about it, and all the owners or ex-owners realy recomended it!
After doing a little research I found out the 600 has much more sharp steering then it's 750 brother.
And since a good conditiond 750 of that year is much more harder to find...
I think I'll stick to the 600.
I'll update you later this day on the inspection.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
I regularly ride on the road with people on much bigger bikes, and the only reason I'm slower is because I'm not as good a rider

I love my 600, very rarely feel like I want more power and the handling is amazing, and personally, I prefer the "bubble butt" styling over the newer, rather plain looking Gixxers.

My mate Jim, who has a TL1000, rode mine and reckoned he'd be faster most places on mine due to the better handling and the fact the engine and riding position beg you to go faster all the time. Just keep the revs over 6000 (8000 if you're really on it!) and you'll be OK.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Originally posted by Gixxer Guy:
Say gsxrster what happend to you on saturday?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">look up my posts in the gen/f ..."went down hard" & also "crash pic"
still hurts to talk about it and to type it all out again

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well I'm so sorry to hear that gsxrster!
Hope everything will turn for the good.
Tommorow morning I'm going to take the money from my account and trade for the 600 I told you about
and take care of her (new carbon Bos egsaust and a new Hyperpro steering dumper, a little fixing)

·
Registered
788 Posts
I think the srad 600's handle great, my 91 750 was a truck by comparison, I am (almost) glad some guy stole it from me (it was insured). The 750 engine will bolt right in later if you want more power for relatively low cost.

·
Registered
19 Posts
She's mine as you can see I changed my bike type, the new hyperpro steering dumpner and new BOS carbon egsuast is also installed...
Saturday is coming closer....

·
Registered
19 Posts
I will tell you how saturday went.
I'll have to take it nice and easy(slow to who did not understand) at first, and it will be a hrad test.
I'm taking her to acurvy road near Jerusalem...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts