Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my rear shock is pogoing(12k mi.) the dampening is gone (comp.&reb.)can they be rebuilt or is there another model that I can use to interchange from a wreck yard Im lookin for cheapest way since this my #2 bike ??

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Originally posted by 90blugixx:
my rear shock is pogoing(12k mi.) the dampening is gone (comp.&reb.)can they be rebuilt or is there another model that I can use to interchange from a wreck yard Im lookin for cheapest way since this my #2 bike ??
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">*IF* you do not see any oil leaking from around the seal, you may want to replace the schraeder valve on the reservoir and have the thing re-charged with nitrogen. I thought I was gonna hafta replace mine, but this local dirt-bike dude told me that 50% of the time, there's nothing wrong with the shock, just the el-cheapo schraeder valve gets leaky. 180psi of nitrogen and $8 later, mine was good as new.

Of COURSE, if there's oil leaking past the seal on the thing, you're gonna hafta re-build or replace it.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
stock shocks are Garbage...fish around on ebay for a used Fox Shock, then send it to Fox for a complete re-build...
-Karl

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Gixxer1255Jimmy, you have mail....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts