Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
90\' gsxr1100 compression and powerpak?

I am about to mill the head on my bike to raise comp to about 11.5:1 any thoughts?

And how much can I expect to gain from fitting apowerpak on my bike? are they worth it? or simply advancing the timing will have the same effect?

thanks,
flaco

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Re: 90\' gsxr1100 compression and powerpak?

The only thought I have is an ugly one involving bent valves. Be sure and then be double-sure that you have enough piston-to-valve clearance before you fire that puppy up and start hammering it.

As for the powerpack, I know that you can play around with advance curves and fine-tune the power-delivery to the way you like it, but I'm not sure that that alone will get you a net gain in output... and I've never heard anyone have anything good to say about the V&H product... everyone seems to prefer the DYNA stuff.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts

How are you coming up with that compression ratio, also you are going to need adjustable cam sprockets to set the timing after you mill the head.

·
Registered
65 Posts

You'll want to stay away from the Power Pak. They never lived up to the hype. With stock pistons you shouldn't have any trouble with piston to valve clearance, as long as you don't get crazy. Two things you must do. Check piston to valve and degree the cams.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts