Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
\'90 calipers on \'94 forks???

Does anyone know if '90 4 pot front calipers will fit on '94 USD forks? (originally fitted with 6 pots?)

Thanks!

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Re: \'90 calipers on \'94 forks???

If the distance between the mounting bolts is the same, and the diameter of the discs is the same...they will work...otherwise no.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts

Yes they will work, they bolt right on.The question is why? For right around a hundred bucks you can use six piston calipers.
Bones

·
Banned
3,509 Posts

If you keep your eyes open on Ebay you might even scor a pair as cheap as the $35 ones I got last year.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Yes they will work, they bolt right on.The question is why? For right around a hundred bucks you can use six piston calipers.

Well...I'm looking at the forks, for sale on e-bay right now. Being unemployed & all, I would like to use the calipers that I already have!

·
Banned
3,509 Posts

Originally posted by Graham:

Well...I'm looking at the forks, for sale on e-bay right now. Being unemployed & all, I would like to use the calipers that I already have!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ahhh...a fiscally responsible gixxer owner...4 pots with good pads are cheaper than 6 pots with average pads...and better forks help you brake less often.

[ 03-08-2002, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: Simon Orttan ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts