Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a 600 K7 thats been parked for 9 years in a shop. Still had 3/4 tank of gas. Trying to get it up and running again. First problem is the fuel door is siezed and wont open. After that what all does everyone recommend to do before i call her up and running. Bike has less than 1k on it. I know i need to do a fluid change and i noticed my brake reservoir was empty so i picked up some DOT 4 Synthetic to change it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I picked up my bike for $500 after it had been bouncing from garage to garage as people had room for it. It's a K6 600 which hadn't been started for 4 years. I pulled the tank and pump and rinsed it with fresh gas, dumped all the old out, changed the spark plugs, air filter, coolant, oil and filter and put in a fresh battery. I started by cranking it for short periods of time (5 seconds or so) and letting it sit for a bit (5 minutes). I did that a couple of days after work and I believe it was the 3rd day it fired up. It would idle for a bit and then die. I kept trying to get it warmed by idling and eventually it would keep running. When I revved it, it drop and almost die. A couple of days of letting it run for 10 or so minutes and it seemed to be running fine. I changed the oil again at this point as an added precaution.
I replaced the brake fluid and bled the brakes and cautiously took it for my first ride. Once I was pretty sure everything was good, I replaced the brake lines, tires, chain and sprockets. Nine years being over twice as long as mine sat, those injectors are probably going to need some attention as mentioned above. Good luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
More than likely you got rust in the tank. I've been rebuilding a bike sitting for 5 years. The lock on mine would not open and it ended up being that the rust was so bad on the inside it was preventing the key from turning on the door.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Did you read the website?

I just downloaded the service request form. It looks like 19 -24$ per injector. I definitely will be removing the throttle body and sending the injectors.

Is it pretty easy to remove them or do you think I should send the entire throttle assembly to them? Will call them as well.

Thanks,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts