Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
\'89 fuel tank question

does anyone know if the 750L-M or 1100L-M fuel tanks fit the 1100K. I fancy a new look but don't want to 'spoil' my current tank and panels. Are the panels universal too?

Soory to be a pain throwing a few questions in this week but I've got the bike stripped down and fancy a new set of plastic etc this winter as I'm bored with 4 years of the same.

Thanks,
Andy

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Re: \'89 fuel tank question

Yes the tanks are slightly different between the 750 and 1100 but they can be swaped. The tanks the same on the 88-92 750's and the 1100 from 89-92 (US models, UK got the H2O in 92) so the tank on your's is the same. You can run the eonclosed headlight style fairings from the 91's they will bolt right on. the Tail is slightly different as the seats are wider. the tap on the passenger seat has a different gap than yours but it can be made to work. I had a 91 tail on my 88 for years. but as I did not ride passengers I used a fiberglass solo tail.
Bones

·
Registered
219 Posts

Also, if I'm not mistaken the 92' 1100 tank has a fuel sensor. I don't think the 750 does, not sure.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts

All the 1100's from 89-92 have the fuel sender. the 750's did not.
Bones

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

top fairing sounds interesting so if the enclosed top fits straight on that would be an improvement........ thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it. This is still the best site with the best people..........by a mile and a few thousand

Andy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts