Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I'm not a savior!!!
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my bike always seemed to crank over and start. Now,today, I started it and it idled good. Now ,a wire that goes to my MSD box got a little burnt from the header. I guess that made the engine turn off. I tried turning it on and no crank at all. I checked fuses ,they look good.Is there something else that I can check? A relay? How can I run straight wire to see if starter spins, to narrow it down?

·
Premium Member
5,444 Posts
that wire prolly burnt something up, like maybe the MSD box, did it burn all the way through to the wire and touch the header? maybe grounded it out and shorted something out, time to start testing related components, anyway to bypass the MSD for troubleshooting? got a spare?

·
I'm not a savior!!!
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it looked as if it did. I think that it's a power wire from the stock wiring that originally went to one of the coils. How do you reset the circuit breaker assembly?

·
Premium Member
5,444 Posts
not sure how reset breaker but check that coil now and trace all the wires, hopefully no components got destroyed, it happens..

·
I'm not a savior!!!
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok. How do I check the starter? What wires do I bypass to see if it can still crank?

·
I'm not a savior!!!
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No service manual, but I do have a multi-meter. I think the fuse was the problem. I visually checked it, it looked good, but I decided to put an Ohm meter to it and, what do you know,it is burnt where you can't see it. I replaced it and the engine now cranks over. I also hear the relay again under the seat. It was kinda late when I cranked it over, but i think that it should now start. Thanks to all for pitching in advice!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts