Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my 89 1100 the other day.......being winter up here in Maine right now I havent ridden it yet. I also own a 87 1100......so what I'm wondering is the 89 quicker or more sluggish or what? I've heard a few opinions.........what should I expect as far as differences.

dare I say it in this forum but I also own a 96 zx9-r......how would my new old school gix match up with the team green in the garage??

thanks guys1012875345.jpg

· Registered
1,712 Posts
the 87 750 had around 100-105 at the crank, the 1100 more like 120-125.....these bikes were choked by their stock airboxes and exhausts. with carbs and a pipe set up right, you can get an extra 15hp easy....

the 89 has a bigger and torquier motor, but it also carries a little more weight as well.

chassiswise there's not much of a comparison, but with the first generation gsxr's you get more of a feeling that you're sitting in the bike rather than on it.

the brakes on the 89 are also substantially better...you'll also appreciate being able to select from a wider variety of tires thanks to the 89's 17 inch wheels.

either one will be good for some shits and giggles, though.....

[ 02-07-2002: Message edited by: jeff ]</p>

· Registered
36 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by doug:
You will find an interesting tuning article by englands top tuners at www.robbynitroz.nl then go to the boulevard page. articles supertune time covers 750 and 1100 and the various years.<hr></blockquote>

Doug,

Sven here, have not been here for a while, just surfed in and saw your reply to the post. Have you sold your bike yet? and whats your phone #. Email me to [email protected]. I am trying to find 1100 cams that will fit my 91 750 top end. I am searching for help from anyone that knows what year for sure will drop in.

Sven

I am

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.