Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a close call this weekend when the Vance & Hines header burned through one of the metal oil lines and sprayed the entire bike and rear tire with oil. The oil line was making direct contact with the exhaust header. I found a replacement factory stock line but I'm reluctant to install it if the clearance can't be improved. There appears to be a couple of companies in the UK that provide a complete kit with the cooler but I was hoping someone had a cheaper solution since the cooler and the other line are fine. The connections on the factory cooler for this model year are not banjo style fittings so I'm not too hopeful. There are some adapters on ebay that seem to convert that fitting to a threaded style fitting but from what I've read from other posts I'll have as much tied up in fitting and hoses as the entire kit will cost. Anybody got pics of the Earl's UK cooler on an 88 750?

·
Premium Member
5,444 Posts
The header didn't burn through the line, the vibration just wore a hole in it over time. Put a stock line back on and wrap it with some asbestos insulation or something similar where it hits the header, or install it in such a way that you have enough clearance for it to not touch the header.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts