Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oil cooled Guy & Gals,

Got a new project!

Just made a switch from my 1988 plastics & lighting to a new set of 1992 GSXR 750 plastics & lighitng and I see where the lighting connection plug on the wiring harness is different from 1988 to 1992.

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the 1988 and 1992 in order for me to make replacement plug or hard wire to work the headlights, the mini headlight (1992), tail light and turn signals.

Any help from you all, would be appreciated.

Thanks,
JDB1371

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Hey JD.
The plugs for the headlights will plug into the 91 no problem as both the 88 and 91 use H4 bulbs.
the turnsignals both use bullet connectors and as for the Parking lamp (that little light above the headlight) I don't know how you want to wire it. If you want it to work like stock, tap into the ground wire in your front harness for one side and run a wire from the running light side of your rear taillight to the other. When you turn your ign switch to P you will light the running light in the rear and the small light in the front.
Bones

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Bones_GSXR:
Hey JD.
The plugs for the headlights will plug into the 91 no problem as both the 88 and 91 use H4 bulbs.
the turnsignals both use bullet connectors and as for the Parking lamp (that little light above the headlight) I don't know how you want to wire it. If you want it to work like stock, tap into the ground wire in your front harness for one side and run a wire from the running light side of your rear taillight to the other. When you turn your ign switch to P you will light the running light in the rear and the small light in the front.
Bones
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Doug,

I believe this is you,

J.D., here in Jackconville, Fl.. I know the lights will plug in and the turn signals, but the wiring connecter for the 1988 and the 1991-1992 are different off of the wiring harness. One is male with 6 prongs and the other coming offof the wire that go the bulbs themsleves is male 6 -prong and it should be female 6 prong etc...

Shoot me a personal message

Thanks,

J.D.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts