Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
88 \'750 temps / charging

since there is no tremp gauge on my bike, how do i know that the temps are running. also, my bike has sat unused for quite a while, will the battery charge just by it idling (tho i dont want to idle it long if i dunno what the temps are doing) and can i use a standard 12volt slow charger (car charger) to charge the battery? or do i need a special charger

Thanks

·
Registered
219 Posts
Re: 88 \'750 temps / charging

Originally posted by Jayson:
since there is no tremp gauge on my bike, how do i know that the temps are running. also, my bike has sat unused for quite a while, will the battery charge just by it idling (tho i dont want to idle it long if i dunno what the temps are doing) and can i use a standard 12volt slow charger (car charger) to charge the battery? or do i need a special charger

Thanks
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You can't tell the exact temps without installing a gauge. But if it's not too lean, or you haven't done some serious mods to it (like cams or pistons) I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just let it warm up for a couple minutes before taking off.
I don't think it will charge by idling, I'd take it out on the freeway.
Yes, you can use a car charger. I use one on mine with it set on the lowest amp draw setting (2 amps)to get a good charge. It might take a day or two for a full charge.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts