Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone. First of all, I've posted a couple different questions and topics, and everyone has been awesome with the help. So thank you to everyone!!:thumbup
I have just gotten my carbs back from being cleaned and rebuilt, and I am going to hook all the gas lines to the carbs and fuel tank. They were never hooked up when I got the bike and I am in the process of restoring it. So it looks like there are 3 lines that come off the carbs, 2 lines from the petcock, a metal tube coming from the tank about an inch long, and a line that already had a small rubber tube on it when I got it. I already have all the new fuel lines for everything, now I just need to connect them and want to make sure I do it right. I have some pics so you can see what I'm talking about. So in the picture where do 1 and 2 go? Where does the line on number 3 go? Also there is a gold and a silver place on the petcock where lines go, there is a little 1 inch tube on the gas tank itself, and the rubber hose on the gas tank. I think I have an idea where some of the lines go, just would be nice for someone to double check me. Also, which line do I put the fuel filter on?

Attachments

·
Lifetime Premium
53 Posts
#1 and #2 are for the air vent pipes that originally routed along the airbox, (1 on each side) down and back toward the swingarm pivot to open air.

#3 is the main fuel line going from the fuel cock to the carbs.

What's missing is #4 (fuel cock vacuum line) which connects to the fitting above #3 (on the same carb) up to the fuel cock.

Hope this makes sense.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
#1 and #2 are for the air vent pipes that originally routed along the airbox, (1 on each side) down and back toward the swingarm pivot to open air.

#3 is the main fuel line going from the fuel cock to the carbs.

What's missing is #4 (fuel cock vacuum line) which connects to the fitting above #3 (on the same carb) up to the fuel cock.

Hope this makes sense.
Ok so 1 and 2 are just air vents, gotcha. So number 3 is the main fuel line and will have the fuel filter, does that mean it connects to the silver or gold fitting on the fuel cock?(in the 2nd picture) and #4 connects to the other fitting on the fuel cock, gotcha. Lastly on the fuel tank in the other pic, there is the little 1 inch tube, and the fitting that still has an old hose connected to it, what do those go to? Thanks for your help!!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Ok so 1 and 2 are just air vents, gotcha. So number 3 is the main fuel line and will have the fuel filter, does that mean it connects to the silver or gold fitting on the fuel cock?(in the 2nd picture) and #4 connects to the other fitting on the fuel cock, gotcha. Lastly on the fuel tank in the other pic, there is the little 1 inch tube, and the fitting that still has an old hose connected to it, what do those go to? Thanks for your help!!
the main fuel line will connect to the silver fitting on the fuel tap. and those small tubes towards the back of the tank are for runoff that accumulates around the fuel tank cap, just simply redirects the water / gas / fluids to the bottom of the tank and to the ground. I leave mine open as I never ride in the rain or spill gas around the cap. unsure about where a tube or fitting leads to? blow some light compressed air through it and see for yourself

1 - 5 of 5 Posts