Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a clutch, can you guys suggest a good place online to buy an aftermarket clutch? There is a decent lookin one on Ebay, but will a 1988 gsxr 750 clutch work w/ my 87 1052???

I also need a gasket set for the top of the motor(head, etc.) any place online that sells them at a decent price?

This motor only had around 14k, the rings look very good, should I replace them while the thing is apart just to be safe???

Thanks!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help, but I didn't see any clutch baskets..mine are nearly worn through...any other places? Also will the cluth from an '88 750 work on my motor?

[ 04-12-2002, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: Groo ]

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
If your looking for a billet hub check Falicon...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Jay:
Falicon does not have a clutch basket for your bike. If you need a new one, you have to use oem.
If it is a clutch plate pack that you need, APE has them 818-842-4952

Jay
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Where is the best place (Price + Service) to get an OEM basket for an '87 1052???

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
for oem stuff,try ronayers.com,there should be a link to it somewhere on the site...mike

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by mike91 1216:
for oem stuff,try ronayers.com,there should be a link to it somewhere on the site...mike
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">All I could find on Ron Ayers was parts for '98 and newer...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Ron Ayers or any Suzuki dealer should be able to order one up for you.

I thought APE still handled the billet baskets for these bikes though? I don't have the catalog in front of me, but you can check www.aperaceparts.com for info.

Why just do the rings? You've got it apart, might as well do a 1255 kit or at least an 1109 kit, not ~that~ much more money. Degree the cams or find a hotter set and have the head cleaned up as well.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by LSC86:
Ron Ayers or any Suzuki dealer should be able to order one up for you.

I thought APE still handled the billet baskets for these bikes though? I don't have the catalog in front of me, but you can check www.aperaceparts.com for info.

Why just do the rings? You've got it apart, might as well do a 1255 kit or at least an 1109 kit, not ~that~ much more money. Degree the cams or find a hotter set and have the head cleaned up as well.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks for the info, as for the rest, RU going to convince my wife how 'necessary' the other mods are?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Thanks APE for clearing that up. Orient Express only offers a billet hub for the GS or a complete lockup conversion for the GSXR.

Unless you have some big hp going to it, the stock Suzuki one will work just fine. I've abused many over the years with no ill effects.

Convincing the wife is easy. You just show here that a new set of Suzuki rings will run you like $300 and for $400 you can get a whole piston kit and not have to worry about it again. Then you scrounge around for some nice used cams and you'll have a nice runner for little $$$$. It's all in the presentation my friend!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts