Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
\'87 750 Fox with ride hieght- pics

Putting this thing on was a pain and I haven't ridden it yet, but all seems well!
#1 differences in shocks, 88-92 is a 1/4inch longer and a hair wider(slight problem when mounting).

#2 Orig. Adjuster

#3 New Adjuster

#4 Mounted

#5 reservoir location

I hope it was worth the trouble!Will see!

[ 12-16-2001: Message edited by: fastbugtlr ]</p>

G

·
Re: \'87 750 Fox with ride hieght- pics

The extra 1/4" will make the ride height a little taller in the rear which will quicken the steering. Also the spring rate may be too heavy for you since the 86-89 GSXR1100 used a 100# lighter spring than the 90-92 GSXR1100's I've got a buddy here on Gixxer.com that is in dire need of your old bottom mount for the Fox shock if you want to get ride of it!! He goes by 93GIXXER-6/7 I know he would really appreciate it if you could help him out!! He might be willing to trade springs too since he has a fox spring for a 86-89 GSXR1100 Fox Shock.....

[ 12-16-2001: Message edited by: GixxerRacer371 ]</p>

·
Registered
3,057 Posts

fastbugtlr, do you still have the original clevis?
I have the spring you need for that bike also.
jim

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I still have the clevis. I don't think I need your spring though.the fox is from an 88-92 gsxr 750. sitting on the bike to check movement and clearance the sag felt good, but I haven,t measured it yet.I knew the bike would sit higher(and turn quicker).I have the adjuster up about another 1/4 inch,but like I said I havent ridden it yet so I don,t know how it has affected handling.I wanted to go with ride hieght adjustability because the one time I had the bike on the track(1991,just before taking it apart) it had clearance problems in tight turns,dragging the lower fairing which at the time I could remove,but rules now apparantly state you have to run the lower.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

by the way I don't need the clevis,E-mail me your address and I'll mail it to you.sorry for rambling in the post above!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts