Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 86gsxr with what I think is 90-95 1100 suspension. The bars and my hands rub under where the windshield is attached on the faring. Is there a fix for this besides chopin up my plastic.

I was gonna post some pics but maybe someone will know what I mean.
GregW

·
Registered
434 Posts
If you have the 1100 front end with the clipons on the top of the upper triple clamp then get a set of clipons that go underneth the upper triple and this will lower your hands down to the stock location.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please excuse my stupididity. I have an idea of what you are talking about but just cant picture it. Do you know where I could see some picks of this and where I can get what you are reffering to.
Thanks a ton by the way.
GregW

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Here are some clipons click here

What Doug was saying is on the 1100 front end your handle bars are on top of the bracket that holds the forks in place. What you might need to do is buy a set of clipons (make sure you get the right size) and place them below the top bracket that holds the forks. This should give you more clearence. If this is not your problem then you might want to post some pics.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
holy cow those spendy. Need to fix it but will need to wait a while.

Thanks for all the help. That was the solution just that after all I dumped into it this last month the bar problem is gonna wait till after I get my new coils.
Thanks again
GregW

1 - 5 of 5 Posts