Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Thought I would share....

So I found a rough 86 for real short $, 300 bucks figured I couldn't go wrong. Two years later it's finally starting to come together. Too late for any track time this year but will be ready for next year! Nothing fancy, rattle can paint job and a few goodies. 17" wheel mod, R1 rear shock, Busa front brake calipers, '95 front end. Runs awesome should be fun on the track. These bikes were cool when I was a kid lol!

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks purdy fookin good you got front fairing?
Thanks!
Yeah, I have all the fairings. Pretty ratty but I am going to clean them up and paint them. Not going to be a show bike for sure but will look good enough for the track.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I've been out with Tony's quite a few times, great group. I also go with Fishtail quite a bit, great group as well. Call me crazy but I really like riding Loudon. It's close by and I know the track well. Tony's hasn't been doing many days out there in the last couple of years, hope they come back.

Yeah we'll have to look for each other. I'll be the old dude on the ratty '86 lol!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Track rat! Almost ready, too bad I missed the season this year. Took it for a rip or 2 down the road runs pretty good but still have a little stumble just off idle and top end. Probably have it dyno-tuned in the spring to get the jetting correct before the track season starts. 20201017_145703.jpg 20201017_145730.jpg 20201017_145730.jpg 20201018_112419.jpg

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Bringing back some memories of my 861100 I had. I put a 95 gsxr750 USD front end on it with ‘89 17” wheels. A few other small things but found it to be too cramped for riding. Then got onto an SV and started racing at Loudon 6 years ago.

I‘ve got a set of Raask rearsets if you‘re looking for period correct. I can send pics of them on the bike before I took them off and sold the bike.

I really liked the bike but wasn’t quite made for my body.

You‘ll have plenty of time to get it ready for the 1st round.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How was the bike on the track? I know what you mean about being cramped. Does feel a little tight but I think I can get used to it. Yeah if you could post some pics of the rear sets or send them to me that would be great. I may be interested.

·
Premium Member
4,499 Posts
right on! always nice seeing these first gens at the track. i've built a few track-ready first gens with good results. fitting 17" wheels with USD front-end is a good start. the rear suspension is just as important, and it's better to gain some rear ride height to make these bike handle and steer better.

keep up the good work and keep us updated. here are two fotos of two of my different trackbikes; one is from this year and the other is from 2006. both are still going strong, although the all blue-white has had some crash damage, but still running.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts