Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Great build. I really like the way the saddle had been done. Looks good. I am taking mine in track now as well ,but will be riding in the Historic Group so decided to just keep with the stock 18" wheels. We don't actually race as it is considered a parade. ;) Great for insurance purposes. Lovely work on your bike!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Great build. I really like the way the saddle had been done. Looks good. I am taking mine in track now as well ,but will be riding in the Historic Group so decided to just keep with the stock 18" wheels. We don't actually race as it is considered a parade. ;) Great for insurance purposes. Lovely work on your bike!

Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Another step closer to the 17" conversion. Awesome caliper brackets installed with later model calipers. Waiting on braided brake lines now.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Those rotors look mint. Did you score new ones or are they vapor blasted etc? Looks like your bike will be done well in advance on mine. Enjoy the updates!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Coming along. I have already heard six pots are shit and those are rather large adapter plates if you felt the need to mention either. 😉 Exhaust ceramic coated and braided lines.

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Your bike is looking awesome! I love everything you've done to it so far.

·
Premium Member
4,499 Posts
yeah, i've also read that 6 piston tokico calipers are no good, but i have used them for years on my trackbikes with good results.

i'm always skeptical when reading other riders' opinion, when it contradicts my own experience. it's best if you judge the performance of the calipers yourself.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Took it out for the first time after new brakes lines and calipers installed. Found out my rotors are warped with bad brake lever pulsating. EBC rotors should arrive tomorrow then can really test it.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts