Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday i bought a 86 gixxer 750 from a car lot trade in. It was cheep and clean and its hard to believe but runs preaty close to my 01 750. I had a guy tell me today that 86 red white and blue models were rare is this true? I also would like to know if there is a way to tell the 1100 moter from the 750 because this bike runs to good to be just a 750. My 01 has tons of upgrades and this bike will hang with it on a roll on. Thans for any info you can give on this matter. This bike is also a lot faster than my 96 750 i had.
Stetson

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Without seeing pictures of the clutch cover, or the last few numbers of the VIN I won't guess if it is a "rare" bike.

If you can post images it would help, otherwise it might be a "standard" 750 that had a repaint.

Does it look at all like...

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
What Simon was getting at is there were two models of 750 in 86 the Standard and the Limited.
One color is not more rare than another (But my Blue and White 90 1100 is much faster than a Black and Red one)

The Standard was much more rare. If its a limited I'll give you 500.00 for the hassle of taking it off your hands.

You can run the serial numbers to find out what you have or post pictures If it is a LTD (or 750RG) there are some unique things. All LTD's came with the Dry Clutch while the STD was wet. The LTD was Limited to 500 in the US. To tell if it has a 1100 in it check at the bottom of the cylinder block if its a 1100 it will have 1052cc or 1127 cast into it. If you want real rare find me a 750RR.
Bones

[ 10-22-2002, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Bones_GSXR ]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts