Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanna replace my stock F & R footpegs with aftermarket. Tooled on into my local shop, some pimply-faced kid 'helps' me..."wow, did they really make a GSXR-1100 in 1986???"
Anyway, came up with nothin'. Can't find any listings online, either. Suggestions?

bcJohn....I DON'T want anodized purple!

------------------
dj

86 1100G, V&H Full, K&N

·
Registered
434 Posts
have seen an article that at one time storz made rear sets that where about 1" lower to improve leg cramp but do not know anymore than that.

------------------
86 totally non stock

·
Registered
0 Posts
As an owner of a 1986 gsxr 750, we have a chassis in common. Uh, let me think. Two companies very involved with gixxers in the eighties. 1-Vance and Hines, and 2-Yoshimura-who I believe they made rearsets, etc.

hope that helps

[email protected]

------------------

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shit, I just found out that the 86 750 had all-aluminum footpegs that will bolt right on. My 1100 has rubber inserts that are chunked. I ordered a set of fronts; they were $87 for the pair.

The things you learn on the 'net!

------------------
dj

86 1100G, V&H Full, K&N

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hey, I just eliminated the rear set on my 86 gsxr1100 and used them on the front (they were all aluminum). As far as aftermarket the only ones I've found yet are for drag racing; they are longer and bulkier than the O.E.M. ones..... Next winter I'm going to machine my own and relocate the pegs a little lower .... check it out @ <www.thegsxr.20m.com> .....good luck

------------------
Don DeVore @ DC's GSXR Pitstop
< www.TheGSXR.20m.com >

1 - 5 of 5 Posts