Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 86 GSX-R 750 stock carbs suck (individual K&Ns, full Yoshi pipe, and Factory Stage 3 jet kit). After years of tuning I give up. Can someone list the model and year motorcycles that have compatible (and better) carbs and possible sources (I have seen some on e-Bay). I'm looking for carbs that would be an easy swap (no mods required). Thanks in advance.

Rob Robinette

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
yes, the stock 31mm carbs suck the big one.....good replacements are the 34mm carbs from the 87 750 or 86-88 1100, and 36mm slingshots from the 88-89 gsxr750 or early 90's katana 750.

the 34's should snug right into the '86 intake boots, but the 36's will be fairly difficult to get in - ideally you'd want the intake boots to go with the 36's if you decide to get them.

keep in mind, the 87 750 has slightly larger intake ports, so they're a bit better suited for the 34's and 36's (especially the latter) than the 86 head...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.