Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here..hello everyone. I got my hands on an old 86 7/11 that was raced in the 80s at moroso Motorsports in Florida during the 80s. I will post pics soon...it was obviously raced with an unbraced frame. What's all the hype about the frames breaking? Like preztels? It has flat sides...rearsets..no idea how big or built the motor is. Anyone care to school me on these first gens?

·
That’s Mister Moderator To You ....
8,040 Posts
Hello and welcome. We have an active oiler community so peeps will chime-in soon.

It's not mandatory or anything but it's good forum etiquette to post an intro thread in 'the starting line' subforum and tell us about yourself and anything notable in your riding history, track days, bikes you've owned etc.... You know, stuff people like to read about in a place like this.

And yeah.... post some pics of that old girl!

·
Registered
132 Posts
The frame is not going to break with the 1100 engine in the 750 frame. Frame bracing is about increasing rigidity with a much more powerful engine.

·
Premium Member
4,489 Posts
yeah, post some fotos and the frame will not break, eventhough the first gen 750 frames do have areas that are prone to breaking. just check the frame over and proceed with the getting it running.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts