Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one got a shock for an 85 GSXR 750. Does any one know of any other shocks that will fit this model. Any info would be much appreciated.

------------------

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Try Performance motorcycles at 1-604-980-4060 in North Van BC canada. I have seen people complain he charges too much but I have always done well when I have bought from him, then again I have known him for 10 years. He will have what your looking for and if you are in USA remember $1US = $1.50 canadian so you will save , just barter with him.

I have a fox shock in my 86 gixxer and it works well...

the ghoul

------------------

·
Registered
434 Posts
I modified a 91 1100 shock which has the remote resovoir to fit an 86 the broblem is the 86 has an eye style end on both ends and the later model 91 has a fork mount on one end so some machining is involved to get it to work the overall length is slightly longer which is not a problem but you need to use the shorter spring from the earlier model do not use the late model spring as it is too soft for that matter the stock spring is pretty soft as well I had mine measured it was 450lbs per inch and for my weight which is 210 lbs need a 575 lbs per inch spring. The stock lenght is too long but when I modified the end I got the overall lenght to within about 1/2 inch otherwise your best bet is an aftermarket one.

------------------
86 moded one end to the other

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'm looking for a rear shock for an '87 project bike...let me know what you find...and I will do the same...drop me an e-mail...THANKS!!

Terry

------------------

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Whether you're in Canada or the USA, pick up a copy of Roadracing World and Motorcycle Technology. In the classifieds, you'll quite often find racer tear-offs, ie stock shocks or parting out a f**ked racing bike, maybe with a Fox or Ohlins available. If nothing else, its a good read with lots of neat shit to drool at, plus the articles of the real thing being put to use.

Stay away from Performance Motorcycles. Enough said about that establishment.

------------------

·
Banned
982 Posts
I have one in mint condition!!!
I just restored it before buying a Fox Twin Clicker!It's for an 86' 1100,but will fit Your bike!!Email Me!

------------------
"Joey-Red"
TWIN CYCLES
3 Bruckner blvd
Bronx,N.Y.10454
(718)292-TWIN

·
Registered
526 Posts
Thanks for the "heads up" on P.M. I have misc. stuff...some plastics and such for 85-87 750's if anyone has a need...drop me a note.

------------------

1 - 7 of 7 Posts