Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
Yes, they can tilted exactly the same way the originals were. It's up to you to set the tilt when you install them, just the like the OEM ones. I've got a set of the Busa ones on my 1985 GSXR 750. I run a bottle of fluid through them at the start of the season to flush the old stuff out and zero spillage.

Keep in mind that your OEM levers will not fit the new master cylinders so you'll need to source some nice new adjustable ones for them.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I have 'busa masters on my '86 750, also running a 1100 USD front end which bring the bars higher up closer to the fairing (modded to have them underneath the top triple clamp). no problems at all, direct and easy install. be sure to get the banjo bolts to them because the thread pitch differs from the '86 750 masters

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
Yes, super good point about the banjo bolt... I replaced both of mine and if I recall correctly, the clutch master banjo bolt and the brake master bolt are not the same thread and pitch. One fits the clutch and one fits the brake.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yes, they can tilted exactly the same way the originals were. It's up to you to set the tilt when you install them, just the like the OEM ones. I've got a set of the Busa ones on my 1985 GSXR 750. I run a bottle of fluid through them at the start of the season to flush the old stuff out and zero spillage.

Keep in mind that your OEM levers will not fit the new master cylinders so you'll need to source some nice new adjustable ones for them.
Thanks! Funny you should mention sourcing some nice new adjustable levers! You found the reason I started this thread (8 . Doesn't seem to currently be a big choice of nice adjustable levers for gen 1 bikes although I just saw some on Ebay from France and it's interesting because they show an apparent difference between the 750 and 1100 levers although they appear the same in the photos. Not sure I like the flip-up versions though. It might be just another possible source of wear or failure. Just starting on another 1100 resto mod. Got most of it stripped. About to begin polishing the frame and start reassembling. Wish I didn't have to polish the frame but there's one spot on the left side where it looks like someone ruined the anodizing, possibly with a wire brush or something like it. Otherwise, it's not too bad. So far there is a '90 1127 motor and 'Busa clip on controls which I've had good luck with. It won't be a "radical" resto-mod but was kicking around the idea of restoring the red/blue paint scheme, substituting a bright burnt orange color for the red. I'm thinking the orange would still work with the silver, blue, and decals. Might be over the top. Bad idea? Am still looking for a solo seat cowl and passenger grab bar.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have 'busa masters on my '86 750, also running a 1100 USD front end which bring the bars higher up closer to the fairing (modded to have them underneath the top triple clamp). no problems at all, direct and easy install. be sure to get the banjo bolts to them because the thread pitch differs from the '86 750 masters
GREAT INFO!! Thanks!!!

b

·
Registered
856 Posts
didn't see it here so ill post since I just discovered it

- regarding the rear brake, the master cylinder is pretty much universal between all oil-cooled GSXR's, all years bandit 6 and 12's, and rf 600 and 900's from '94-'97

- the rear caliper is identical between all oil-cooled gsxr's. its been mentioned that sv650 rear caliper bolts on, which means '99-'02 sv650 and '98-'06 kat 600 and 750 rear calipers will work since they all use the same hanger. I could bet money that the RF's and bandits also are interchangeable since they look nearly identical. the early katana caliper WILL NOT work since they were mounted above the swing arm, when rotated below the swingarm the connector for the torque arm will be on the opposite side.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I feel like I have gone over this thread a thousand times and probably missed the answer to this question:

Does 86-88 1100 wheels slot into a 85 750 ?

I think I read somewhere the front does, even the brake rotors are interchangeable?
But the rear?

81 - 93 of 93 Posts
About this Discussion
92 Replies
42 Participants
jaffa565
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing