61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
The other OG
6,334 Posts
yeah mark

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I've found this thread really useful so I wanted to contribute.
Rear caliper from SV650 fits straight onto GSXR750 87 with no mods required.
Cheaper to buy than the original gear too!
Hope this helps

·
The other OG
6,334 Posts
thanks Simonn ,welcome to the site

·
Registered
863 Posts
Kat 750 ('88-'97) and GSXR 750 ('88-'89) intake boots are the same and DO NOT mate up correctly to an '86-'87 750 head. '88-'97 Kat 600 intake boots match up to first-gen 750 GSXR heads but lower the carb bank about 3mm, still allows for a decent amount of clearance between the alternator and float bowls. Perfect to use with slingshot carbs and the dual-pod K&N filters as they wont get as smooshed-up

·
Registered
468 Posts
I don't know if it's been said b4 but seems like 1st gen 1100 cams and 2nd gen 750 (88-89 short stroke) are exactly the same.
Was looking for cam swap info for Bandit and GSXF 750 (Katana) engines and realized this..so fitting those cams to a Kat engine will make it quite almost an R.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Howdy Gang
I have a 1992 GSXR 750, Would like to get some aftermarket or new passenger pegs. Would I have to make an adaptor or drill holes? I was hoping I could get a simple swap out with no modifications.. if possible of course. If I have to fabricate mods then I will.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: Gotta start somewhere.....Slabbie parts interchange.

'85,'86'87 750 and '86-'92 1100

Okay,Front brake and Clutch Master cylinders... "01 - '04 Bandit 1200"S" both sides, direct swap,levers and all.

'99 - '07 Busa both sides, direct swap levers and all.

This gives you updated adj. and easily replacable levers at the same time. And they look indentical to original Master Cyl. And are made to work with 6 piston calipers as well. For those of you swapping 6 pots onto your bike.
Wondering what calipers will direct fit onto my 88 GSXR1100?
Thanks from Canada

·
The other OG
6,334 Posts
I couldn't find any ,you have to adapt

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for your time Sir
I was trying to see if there was an easy route.
Any known adaptions would help though.
Again thanks

·
Premium Member
4,686 Posts
Thanks for your time Sir
I was trying to see if there was an easy route.
Any known adaptions would help though.
Again thanks
Hey @DR650,

Since this is just a reference thread, you won't get a lot of attention to your query here (this is supposed to be more like a quickie reference chart, rather than a discussion).

Why don't you open a new thread on the Oil Cooled forum (here: Oil Cooled Gixxers - Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com) that is specific to your question; ie: What caliper upgrades will direct fit onto my 88 GSXR110

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
There's no reason to PM, is there? The part numbers would be handy if they were here. And then I wouldn't have to necropost an ancient thread reply!

Seriously though, I'd love to have a decent set of mirrors from my 86 1100, something I could use to see *behind* my elbows. :punk

Hey Andrew, not sure what countries got the GS1200SS, but if you need part numbers or help sourcing them, give me a P.M.

Cheers,

Rog

·
Registered
863 Posts
gonna share my next big idea for a motor build. Might not be on my current 815 setup unless this one blows up too (hopefully not, its at a decently conservative build)

This build would be an 883cc using all OEM parts, some machine work required. one will need to allocate a long stroke 750 bottom end, a short stroke (dot) head and cylinder block, 1052 (1st gen 1100) sleeves and pistons.

all 1100's share the same diameter wrist pin. the small ends on the con rods will need to be honed out an extra millimeter to accept the 76mm pistons from a 1052. later model rods without the press-fit studs would be recommended

using the short stroke block, the existing sleeves will need to be pushed out and the block bored to accept the 76mm sleeves (if enough material warrants the safety of this). the sleeves will need to be cut to the 750's sleeve length and chamfered at the end to ease piston ring installation. an appropriate block spacer will need to be selected

- 1100 blocks are too long and would need to be shaved down quite a bit, if possible, to match 750 block height. the short stroke block also has larger cooling fins. all 1100 heads could work on this block since they all interchange with the dot head. the springs and retainers in the dot head can handle 13k rpm if you decide to spin the motor out that far

get a full exhaust. 36mm slingshots or bigger, properly jetted. slot your cam gears (make sure to use the appropriate gears that match the crank from whatever motor they are out of) and dial in your cams. set your CR with the block spacer thickness/running base gaskets. viola, you have yourself a frankenmonster 750 using nearly all OEM parts. On a modest setup, I could see 125 hp easily achievable

again, THIS IS AN IDEA I haven't had the time to look at my short stroke block without sleeves and measure the amount of material that could warrant the use of 76mm sleeves. I also don't have 1052 pistons and sleeves to look at, this build is entirely hypothetical but is based on ideas that are known

·
Registered
863 Posts
why post in here?
please read first post in this subject.
feel free to delete my post if it doesn't belong here, but if someone could confirm that a 748 block can be honed to take 76mm sleeves, which I'm more than sure it can, then this build could be done. if members here have done 907 kits on factory long stroke blocks without crank mods then this should be doable

·
Registered
863 Posts
an old trick I'm sure many of you guys already might know, but in regards to aftermarket or oem parts, whether it be fork seals, bearings, brake pads, etc. an easy way to check for compatibility is by looking at aftermarket part numbers. for example, in the event that you're at a dealership and have to order your fork seals since they don't have some on hand. look at that aftermarket part number and go through the list of bike makes and models in the parts catalog and find some that use the same part number. bingo, that bike's OEM fork seals will work on your bike, and chance are those OEM parts might be on hand. sometimes it comes out even cheaper. I've got fork oil and dust seals from a 2011 Honda CBR 1000 on my 2002 Suzuki Bandit 1200

·
Registered
100 Posts
Re: Gotta start somewhere.....Slabbie parts interchange.

'85,'86'87 750 and '86-'92 1100

Okay,Front brake and Clutch Master cylinders... "01 - '04 Bandit 1200"S" both sides, direct swap,levers and all.

'99 - '07 Busa both sides, direct swap levers and all.

This gives you updated adj. and easily replacable levers at the same time. And they look indentical to original Master Cyl. And are made to work with 6 piston calipers as well. For those of you swapping 6 pots onto your bike.

I know this was an older post but am considering trying it on an '86 resto-mod. Wanna make sure the reservoirs are tilted about the same so the lids can be removed without spilling over...

any know?
thanks in advance!
b

61 - 80 of 93 Posts