Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I tried doing a search and only the 600 mile service results showed up. I was at the local dealers the other day and the sales rep told me that the 2004 Suzuki gsxr 600 needs to be serviced at 8000 miles. He said something about a 25 point inspection blah blah blah. Do I really need to do this? The only thing I that i've read about that I should do was change the oil, filter, plugs, and tighten/relube the chain. Would that be all I need to do or should I go ahead and pay them the 260 bucks to have it serviced at the dealers? 260 was quoted for me without the oil change and filter, which I can definitely do myself. What do you guys think? I'm pretty low on cash right now so any recommendations on the cheapest way possible will be considered. Thanks!

·
Registered
164 Posts
get the service manual and do the servicing/inspections yourself. save your money and learn something about your bike too.

·
PM me for Brotection
57,513 Posts
7500 mile service is nothing major. Change the oil and plugs, maybe the air filter. Tighten and lube everything.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool thanks Suzuki Duke! It actually doesn't look like its much from what I see. I can replace the spark plugs, oil, air and oil filter myself but the only problem is I am having trouble tightening up my chain. I dont know how to do it. Also does the manual show what bolts need to be inspected?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts