Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep thats right, 78 miles till i put my brand new black/red 1K down.

Took a corner to fast and it slid out from under me.

Only broke my stator cover and shift piece and scratch my side fairing and barely got my mirror.

Damn new tires.. ohh well now I know why people put frame sliders on 1st thing.

i guess what will be the 1st thing i do once the bike gets fixed!

just thought I would share with everyone... hehe i'll get pics up sometime of my F*** up

Peace y'all

~Andy

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey raider.. where ya at in Minnesota?

i'm in sioux falls SD...

Naw.. it's my second

Who in there right mind would get a new 1k as a first bike?!!?

·
Registered
351 Posts
hey raider.. where ya at in Minnesota?

i'm in sioux falls SD...

Naw.. it's my second

Who in there right mind would get a new 1k as a first bike?!!?
yeah what idiot would buy a 1000 as a first bike? better yet, what idiot would buy a 1000 as a second bike?

·
Registered
548 Posts
"yeah what idiot would buy a 1000 as a first bike? better yet, what idiot would buy a 1000 as a second bike?"

lol... You'd be surprized. My motocross buddy wanted a 1000cc till I let him ride my little SV and it scared him (ha ha), but people just don't realize what they're getting into. I'm sure they THINK they do!

·
Registered
548 Posts
maybe I shouldn't be on the GSXR 1000 thread, but I can dream right?

·
Registered
74 Posts
"yeah what idiot would buy a 1000 as a first bike? better yet, what idiot would buy a 1000 as a second bike?"

Me

1st 1994 900rr
2nd 2005 gsxr 1000

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ohh.. yeah.. i forgot to ask on here...

i was kinda dissapointed in how easily my stator cover was busted.. i went down at maybe 5mph and it ground through it and i'm drippin' oil now.

anybody know of a aftermarker cover that I could get??

and where is the best deal on black frame sliders?

Thanks alot guys..

~Andy

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts
Buy a moped.
tyres would be scrubbed in by 78 miles.
Ya say ya took the corner too fast and then ya whinge about the stator cover bustin cause ya only went down at 5mph. No wonder ya crashed. Try going around the corner a bit faster or get some training wheeles.

·
Registered
43 Posts
at a local track day, this guy with an 05 gixxer 1k layed his bike down from a stand still because he slipped on water and the stator cracked. he jb welded and went out for next session still. haha

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I wouldn't consider myself a squid.. i got almost 20k miles on a "Street" bike.. i'm sure we;ve all went down.. i just happened to do it with my newest toy.

Thanks for the discouraging comments fellas

·
Registered
219 Posts
It's funny how when someone makes a mistake around here they are labeled SQUID. Hey.....eventually everyone will drop a bike and that doesn't qualify as a squid. Sometimes I truly wonder while reading this board if it's full of riders or kids that hope they will have a toy when they grow up. Look at the Gixxer 1000 stories and how many are laid down in the first 500 miles. I have seen many veterans saying things like "Ya, stupid of me but I just got it and went down with only 250 miles on it." I guess if Mladin bought a brand new GSX 1000 and dropped it at 78 miles he would also be a SQUID. Please reserve that term and use it where it applies.

·
Registered
763 Posts
OK no reason to get all excited folks. What happened here is, wanta600's little story touched a sore spot, a hot button. The minute you hear of someone wrecking a k5 1000 in 78 miles, you can't help but think it's going to be another stupid squid story. But if you're going to wreck, it's just as easy on mile 78 as it is on mile 7800. Easier, actually. So anyway, hope you get the bike on the road soon, and enjoy!

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
How many stories are there about people leaving tyre fitters and dropping the bike as they leave - hundreds !! - Newtyres = ICE....
S

1 - 20 of 23 Posts