Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post here, lurking and reading for a while. Looking for 750W dry clutch info. Have what appears to be enough of the main components to assemble a dry clutch of this era, but not sure what it might be missing. Have shafts, trans, clutch pack, cover and actuator. Looking for a kit manual, exploded view, parts list, anything I can get my hands on for this gen. Not a lot of info out there for obvious reasons. Not a lot of these seen anywhere, and add the fact that this stuff is 20+ years old now. My connection at Yosh hasn't been able to come up with anything to this point either. Not a dry clutch stranger, an LTD and an XRO SRAD as well. Been told that some of the W dry and the SRAD dry stuff will interchange. Would be curious as to what actually would work in both as I have XRO spares.

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Super rare! Yoshimura RD America use to offer a conversion back in the day for W. It wasn't advertised, but Cali racers could go there and get it done. But must not be a big deal; cause Valvaoline and EMCO never did it to my knowledge.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rare for sure. Would have to consider this era as a dark one for Suzuki and Yosh, and these bikes got very overlooked. Want to see what if anything I'm missing before a W motor comes apart, another mess started, and unfinished project missing a collar or something silly to complete it sees the engine shuffled to a dark place in a garage. There are a few around, but far fewer than either RG or just about anything pre DMG destroying racing in this country. Would guess only the impeller dry type clutches would be rarer than this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts