Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weird... I get all the bady work primed, put it all back on the bike... Now when I look at it I think there is something missing.

On the top of the 2 upper side fairings, the ones by the gas tank, there are 3 holes on the top of each which dont seem to go into anything that I can see.. What do these screw into? Is there a bracket or something I'm missing?

------------------

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I think on my '88 750 they mount the two fairing together. Not to the body.

------------------
keep it rubber side down....

·
Registered
0 Posts
On my 89 Gixxer. I have little black covers that just happen to have 3 bolt holes in them. They go inbetween the fairing and the frame. It covers the gap inbetween so it doesn't look flimsy. Maybe it's the same for yours. There should be something there.

Goodluck
Ryan

------------------

·
Registered
301 Posts
yeah,there should be a black moulding that bolts to the fairing to fill in a bit of the space between the fairing and the frame.

------------------

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay cool, yeah that must be what it is.. they never came with the bike so I didnt notice the holes until I started putting it back together.. one of those "ah shit.. to many holes and not enough bolts.." type of days.. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Diablo,
I happen to have a black pair off my 88 slingshot, bet they would fit? Let me know if you want them.

------------------
88 slingshot modded to the gills!

·
Registered
893 Posts
I have a 86 750,I'm working on mounting the fairing as we speak. I'm not exactly sure what part of the fairing (upper or mid side panels)your talking about but if it's the upper, your mirrors mount in the holes that connect the fairing to the bracket that is bolted to the frame next to the upper tripple clamp.If it's the mids,there is a plastic brace to keep it from flexing,it's mounted on the underside of the panel that runs along side the motor.(next to the head) If you need more info,go down to your local Suzuki dealer,they have complete break downs of your whole bike on microfilm.You can still order all that stuff new.
Hope to have helped you out!
Ride hard!Lifes short!

------------------

1 - 13 of 13 Posts