Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for the sevenfitty riders. I have a friend that has a Vmax and he wants to bet title for tile. Now, I know Vmaxs can hold their own but will my gixxer take it?

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
i reckon it could, but it really depends on the riders, betting for title, no way, you fuck up on your launch and say bye to your bike.

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
it would be a real close race, but your bike should just nick him in the 1/4 mile..i wouldnt race for slips...maybe a pepsi!! or if you like coke...

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
DO NOT DO IT

The V-Max is one of the hardest laucnhing bikes of all time.

They are also easy to launch.

A Professional may wring a 750's neck and beat a V-max, but a pair of amatuers ?

The V-max will probably take you.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
You want to borrow my 7/11. Its old. Its square and it kicked (a guy here at work) 1990 Vmax's ass on the way to Myrtle Beach. We were on 501 and did a 25 mile roll on and I kicked his ass. Take him to a road with small twisties nothin major. My buddy's Max spun the wheels on the take off gave me a second or two. But when I hit the first turn I was gone. The keys are in my pocket. You need it?

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
ID do it, provided the bank holds the title for your bike......then jus transfer the payment book over to him!!!LOL

close call here....the launch would be tough, but i would think you could run him down regardless....

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
bet cash you can always replace money but you not gonna replace bike and the fact you may see your bike riding around town would not be the thing you want bet 100 or so to make it interesting that way ya don't sound like ya scared as much and that he was able to profit or you if the endind is not what ya want after race ask him to buy you something to eat especially if you lose and get the most expensive crap that limits the amount you actually lost hahahahahahahahaha

·
Registered
249 Posts
DONT DO IT........YOULL BE SORRY!

I raced my friends Vmax when i had my ZX-11.......He ate my bike off the line, and i finally caught and passed him but i know it was way more then a quater mile. Remember.....Torque makes HP! And that max has a godawful amount of torque......His sounded like a Alky funny car when it passed ya!

Just my .02cents.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
I have a rule:

I dont take bets that I'm POSITIVE (by experience, not GUESS) I'm going to win.

Unless you don't love your bike too much, then take the bet. Too many things can go wrong, plus: do you have experience in a strong launch?

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Anyone know what the V-Max does in the 1/4 mile?

I got my bike to do a 10 flat.

John

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
hey freak that is dam good to get a 10.00 man do you have a slip to show i wanna get that and post it for my self what was ya 60 on that. I am nnot doubting you just wanna get it to compare. What gearing you running as well. Yeah those v-max run in begining but they fall off after 100 or so due to top end being in area or 120 or so. Just do the $$ thang instead for bet wise

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
go out there and fucking smoke that VMax will ya? shit just practice a few launches and smoke his ass. drop some pressure in the rear tire if you don't want to spin or wheelie as easily. waste him

a 98 V-Max did 11 @ 121...

dude if you have a few more feet than a true quarter mile you'll be walking away from him. you can run a 750 at 10 @ 135 and then you'll be climbing still and he will be wheezing

shit John that is a fuckin fast time! 10 is sweeeet

[ 08-09-2002, 10:42 AM: Message edited by: jp233 ]

·
Registered
69 Posts
I raced a worked to the balls vmax not too long ago down william floyd pkwy. The guy had GSXR wheels. Straight pipes, drag bars, custom swingarm you name it the bike was badass. He smoked me off the line and i couldnt catch him till i made my fourth gear shift. After 4th he started to slowly fade and I just kept on pulling away. Honestly i wouldnt do it for slips but for $500.00 bucks I'd say lets go for it. Just practice your launches, don't miss any shifts and dont get distracted with the noise of those vmax engines. The one I raced was one of the loudest bikes I ever heard. By the way makesure he doesnt have a bottle hidden under the seat!!!!
Good Luck

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I just spoke to my buddy and we have decided to place a $100 bet instead. Fortunately, he brought this idea up before I did. I feel pretty confident my girl can take him. I have a strong launch so, I feel confident about the start. We both raced motocross so we know how each other can ride. I will let you know what happens. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
781 Posts
practice some 2nd gear launches. I f you are confident, you could save a couple of seconds and stay longer near the red line, that's where you want to stay.

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
should of betted, if u win, he buys you a new clutch

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Well my time was really a 10.3 but the corrected time is a 10 flat... The track we are at is kinda high.. It would do it no problem...

I was all stock other then a K&N filter, and a Yosh duplex.

I am also 210lbs so that is something to say... But I dont mind the clutch burning up a bit..

As far as starting in 2nd... dont bother. You will take to long getting out of the whole... Just use first and learn how to use your clutch... Kinda like you would on the starting gate for your dirt bike... The clutch will keep the power down and control the wheel spin..

John

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
If you take off in second that would be some funny ass shit there man

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
Originally posted by Gixxer4Life:
Well, I just spoke to my buddy and we have decided to place a $100 bet instead. Fortunately, he brought this idea up before I did. I feel pretty confident my girl can take him. I have a strong launch so, I feel confident about the start. We both raced motocross so we know how each other can ride. I will let you know what happens. Thanks for the replies.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">For a $100 -- hell ya ... go practice some launches now.

Be safe! Represent!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts