Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone stuck a 750 Slingshot engine in a 750 F/G or H model? I've just been given* a Slingshot engine (polished, 14000 miles), carbs, coils, CDI, oil cooler, airbox and loom. Is it gonna go straight forward? Is it just a case of swapping stuff around? I've had a look and the only difference (other than the electrical side of it) is that the oil cooler is bigger off the Slingshot.

If you've put a newer engine in the older bike GIMME SOME TIPS!!!!

Any parts left over will be open to offers. I'll let you know what I've got left

* When I say Given, I don't actually mean given but the price I paid for it all was SO low I think I should keep it to myself

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Yeah,I've done it.Straight forward installation.Since the slingshot clutch is cable actuated,you will have to switch your hydraulic set up for a cable set up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right. I've had a look at all the wiring and a lot of the connectors on the 89s loom are missing. Everything behind the coil terminals is there but it's been cut off the switchgear and clocks.
In fact, there's only one connector block at the front that seems to go to the ignition switch.
So, what I really need is a scan of the wiring diagram for the Slingshot so as I can match them up with my wiring diagram. Anyone got one they could post up for me?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts