Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys.
Can anybody tell me if there is a aftermarket header (or complete pipe)that will fit on a 98 750RR without having to move the 2nd oil cooler? If not,then maybe a nice tailpipe to fit onto the standard headers.
Also,is there good performance mods or a kit that works well on the RR? The bike is used for everyday transport.
Thanx.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
You mean to tell me that you have a 1989 GSXR750 RRK that you use for every day transportation

A Hindle pipe for a 1990 GSXR 750 would fit...
or you could just post some pics of it here, find out what shipping to the US would be how much do you want for it, how many miles stc...
as far as performance mods...big bore kit 1100 motor...selling the RR and putting the money into your other bike...

-Karl

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply KJ1.Had a bad accident with the SRAD.Broke an arm and cracked a pelvis when it highsided.Soon as I'm serviceable again it will be back to old faithfull,the RR,while the SRAD is being repaired.Why so surprised that I use the RR for daily transport?A bike standing in the garage or lounge is of no use to man or beast.Don't really want to sell at the moment-maybe later.The RR is still in a very good condition with 18000km on the clock.Previous owner made a bit of a mess with the paintjob and it needs a decent pipe.---Cheers.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident...
not really suprised, just envious if I had an RR I would ride the hell out of it...Hindle is your best bet for the pipe total weight is 8lbs including end can...if you ever want to sell it...
-Karl

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Condor

I need a favour from you !
I've found an RR (overseas) & just need to do a few checks to make sure it is the real deal.

Can you tell me how the VIN & Engine No.s are made up on your RR?
The one i'm looking at goes along the lines of
100XXX where X is a 3 dig No. i.e. less than 500 as only 500 made I presume...

Thx alot

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi PEZ.
I think you're on the right track there.This is what mine looks like.
VIN........GR79C-100***
ENGINE NO.....R715100***
The *** is indeed a three digit no,less than 500.Mine are both in the 200s,but they are not the same(differ by 33).Not sure if they are suppose to coincide.
Cheers.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Originally posted by FastCat:
I wanna know where I can get a fuel tank from an RR... they were aluminum, right?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yes they were all aluminum on the 89 RRs.

sucks if you have a magnectic tankbag.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Originally posted by karl_1052:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by FastCat:
I wanna know where I can get a fuel tank from an RR... they were aluminum, right?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yes they were all aluminum on the 89 RRs.

sucks if you have a magnectic tankbag.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'd be happy to trade you my steel tank *and* my strap-on (yes, TANKBAG) for that aluminum tank that is causing you so much trouble.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts