Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short ive been after a yoshimura gp evo can for ever and a day. My otherhalf surprised me on christmas day with an absolute minter.
But...... when i opened it the fitting instructions say suzuki gsxr 750 L1 and not the K1 which is mine :hammer.
She said sell it and buy another one but i really dont think ill find another one in the condition that its in.
So basically im asking will the suzuki gsxr L1 headers fit on my K1?
Or can anyone think of a way around it without selling the exhaust

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,860 Posts
Long story short ive been after a yoshimura gp evo can for ever and a day. My otherhalf surprised me on christmas day with an absolute minter.
But...... when i opened it the fitting instructions say suzuki gsxr 750 L1 and not the K1 which is mine :hammer.
She said sell it and buy another one but i really dont think ill find another one in the condition that its in.
So basically im asking will the suzuki gsxr L1 headers fit on my K1?
Or can anyone think of a way around it without selling the exhaust
Definitely won't fit, but you can always bring it to a high-end fabrication shop that can work with titanium. However, it's going to be VERY expensive.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a point! I know the 1000 has a ti that fits but to run the 1000 exhaust on the 750 it massively reduces horsepower

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
to run the 1000 exhaust on the 750 it massively reduces horsepower

Do you happen to have any proof of this? My K1 750 with 1K header + Akra muffler made 125rwhp. Micron Serpent header and same muffler made only a few hp more.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll find it and post the results there was a huge write up from a chap who had his own Dyno. Will find the results and post them up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts