Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a constant problem with the fuel injection on my 2001 gsxr 750. NOt sure if it is clogging up or what? Bike loses power drastically and i have to take the injectors out and let them soak just for the bike to run somewhat good. ANyone have any idea of the problem i am having?? WHen it happens bike wont rev out at all serious power loss.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
strange that you soak the injectors and everything is fine. I'm not a tech junkie, but I'd first wonder about the gas. Besides that, might be a good time to get some friends who can tear a bike apart to check something like this out. good luck with it.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Try your spark plugs... Does it clear up when you are at higher RPMs? Then when you come back down it starts missing, and huge power loss. More than likely spark plugs.... pull one... if its gas fouled there junk, get a new set.

Scott

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I'd start with the plugs since its the cheapest and easiest possible fix to the problem. After changing my plugs ~ a month ago, the throttle response is much more lively, esp. down in the lower RPM range where previously the bike always felt very sluggish.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I run stock, but you can by the CR9EIX (the platinum version) I Heard they are supposed to be alright, and you wont have fouling problems...

Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.