Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have my carbs out, took the float covers off and had a look.
first of all it seems that my #1 (or is it #4, driver/left side) runner is full of fuel, and the carb connected to it had stripped bolts, while the others were all new. so there has been work done to it before. does anyone have a close up detailed blow up of the carbs i could look at?
also there is a bunch of crap, seems like sand/rust etc inside the carb where the floats sit. this isnt good im sure.

what to check next.
the floats didnt appear to be binding on anything.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
all the diagrams I have are for the 36mm carbs on the 1100's ...I think they're a little different from the "slingshot" 750 carbs... My suggestions are to first, make sure that the floats aren't leaking (you can check it on the bench if you can hold the carbs in their installed position) and also check the float-height (36mm 1100 carbs are 14.5mm +/- 0.5mm). ...it's more critical to get them all the same than to get them exactly to spec.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
could you post your diagrams anyway please? im sure they are different, but they will give me a starting point heh.
thanks for the float info,

im going to suzuki today to get some orings and needles, was a lot of dirt, and dunno if they got hurt. there was rust or something undernear the gaskets and rings in the carb too.

thanks.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Originally posted by Jayson:
could you post your diagrams anyway please? im sure they are different, but they will give me a starting point heh.
thanks for the float info,

im going to suzuki today to get some orings and needles, was a lot of dirt, and dunno if they got hurt. there was rust or something undernear the gaskets and rings in the carb too.

thanks.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">ok, here's the stuff from the `89 1100 36mm carbs:

...uh, yeah... I mis-quoted the float-height numbers... 14.6mm, +/- 1mm ...they tell me that the memory is the second thing to go

one more:

I hope that helps. It sounds like whatever you do with the carbs, you may want to install an additional inline fuel-filter... all that gunk prolly came from the insides of your tank being old... they do rust internally eventually.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts