Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really a question about mods, but I was at wally world the other day and picked up a sport rider. They had an article bout a dyno shootout, the top 3 were of course turbo busas, but first place had 701hp
That's just unreal. Ithinnk second had 608 and third was upper 500. I just thought it interesting and wondered if anyone else had seen the article.

·
Registered
658 Posts
It seems to be a new sport that has evolved with the dynos everywhere, Dyno Queens. These bikes are built for the sole purpose of winning dyno shootouts. Guys build these things and post their dyno sheets on message boards. You never see any of these bikes racing at the track.

However, Larry "Spiderman" McBride http://www.aperaceparts.com/news.html has around 1300 HP and it is all usable at the track.

Jay

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[/QUOTE] Yes there is a video posted on another board showing Hank riding his 701hp Busa on the streets.

[/QUOTE]

Got a link, I would like to see it in action. I think when I get old and rich, I might try to have a trailer baby busa to cruise on. Oh wait, I doubt I ever get rich, well maybe one day I can have a show bike.

·
Registered
988 Posts
my buddy has got one with over 500hp here in town. He rides it on the street very now and then. He has taken it to the track afew times. I haven't yet seen him pull good times YET. The thing just spins the tire all the way down the track. I have only seen it pull 9.0s. We all are going to the track today and I think he is going. Will see if he can do better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, I have yet to ride a 'Busa with 700 friggin HP but I did ride one in Las Vegas while visiting a freind up there last Summer. It was of course a turbo, a few guys up there had gotton together ad built it. Well, the thing was built right, had about 12 thousand miles on the motor allready when I rode it and it was running 12 lbs of boost. They guy told me it was hovering around the 245hp maek at the wheel and As far as a description of the feel goes....Imagine riding a race prepped Honda CR500R with supermoto wheels and tires on the street, this is the powerband it had. It felt like it weighed about 150lbs lighter than a stocker because of all the power and it spooled faster than shit. No noticeable lag or toggle switch hit, just big power from bottom to top. No problem doing 120mph wheelies either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.