Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently found a riding buddy rode around town for 5 hours st sunday. I have a 04 750 and he has a 03 600. At the end of the ride we decided to hit a clear highway and see how the bikes compared. I figured I was gonna whup him but from a 30 roll on all the way to 120 we were neck and neck. when we hit about 120-125 I started pulling pretty hard. BTW these are both stock bikes. Im just wondering if this is normal or if my bie has a little power loss? they both have 3000 miles also. I know someones gonna pop up and say its all about the driver but short of slamming snd and 3rd there was nothing left to give.

·
Registered
969 Posts
750 should have more pull. both bikes are fast, but you have 150cc more. are you sure your buddies bike was stock? di you REALLY give it your all? don't worry if that 600 almost beat you. HA HA HA. Just tell your friend that you left the e-brake on!

·
Registered
538 Posts
what are the weight differences?

i have a buddy that is well over 200 lbs on a 1000k3 and i seem to hang damn well with him..my skinny ass is only 125 on my 750k4.

i also consider myself a better rider compared to his hard-headed ass

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
its going to be relatively close, but i wouldn't say neck and neck. But yes you'll notice MORE pull up in the speeds. Thats really where the difference lies. With the 6 she runs out of oomph on some tracks that are higher speeds. But down low with 2nd and 3rd gear corners your all going to be the same, infact the 600 could easily win it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Gimpsta well said. My old r6 could hang with the bigger bikes on the corners. 600's are not slow for sure, But my 750 is much faster on the top. Also I finally broke down and bought some Vortex frame sliders. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
650 Posts
i think u guys are overlooking one thing. the gearing is shorter in the 600. if the 750 had the shorter gearing there would be no acceleration in 1st and 2nd except for mile long wheelies.
thats why the 600 runs outta breath at higher speeds.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
haha its not that different and no its not all the gearing. the 600 can hardly pull rev limiter in 6th.

16/45 600
17/43 750

and i'm running 16/43 on my 750

Yes if they both had the same gearing it would be even harder for the 6 to keep up - but the extra ooomph at top is what really shows when switching to a larger CC bike.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont mind that a 600 can keep up with my 750. What I do mind is not knowing if my bike has lost power somewhere. Seems to me though that our bikes did as expected considering everything Ive heard.
Thanks for the help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts