Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 GSXR600 and i got a 1000 sitting in the frame right now. the front motor mounts dont line up. Is there any bracket kit i can get or do ihave to make them?

·
Registered
106 Posts
i doubt it will handle bad there have been many people who have done it with older gsxr but why do it with a 05 you could sell it and buy an older 1000 but anyways talk to hybrid racing
can't rember the website address off the top my head

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
FUCKING LIAR!

·
Registered
142 Posts
i know a few ppl who have done it and they say it handles fine im goin to do it to my 02 600 to a 02 1000 motor. there was a whole thing a guy wrote that was stickyed awhile ago but its gone now.

·
Registered
98 Posts
ican think of a couple reasons to put a 1000 in your 600.my isurance was 2700 for the 6 they wanted 4800 for a 1k doesnt even make sense to me both are fast.secondly why not have a sleeper 600 keep us posted i may put a 1000 in mine this winter let us know how it goes

·
Registered
121 Posts
looks like im going to be trying this here shortly in the near future so if anyone has any more detailed info id really appreciate it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
does anyone have anymore specifics like how much weight it adds and do i need 1000 gauges and such? hows the handling with 600 suspension?

·
Registered
121 Posts
haha what happened did you blow the new motor already? ill sell you mine when im done

·
Registered
121 Posts
well i have a 2001 gsxr 600 still in my frame. ill let you know when its out. but does anyone have any more info on this subject

·
Banned
6,053 Posts
ok here we go... one more time.

first you need the 1000 motor, radiator, wiring harness, computer, rectifier, and gauges. all the electrical is a direct replacement for the 600 parts. thats the easy part. i would suggest to leave the wiring harness connected to the motor while doing the swap. you will see that it goes in very easy with all the wires already installed on the motor. the back motor mounts bolt up just fine, but the front mounts need to either be custom made or bought from hybrid racing. i made my own, it took me about an hour to get them done, but i have the tools and skills for that kind of work. the radiator and oil cooler will bolt right up. you can also use the 600 radiator, but you will need to make a bracket for the oil cooler to mount to if you go that route. you will also need to extend the fan wires out of the wiring harness if you use that radiator. thats the method that i used. there is also one hose that needs blocked off if you use the 600 radiator, but thats easy. i also used the 600 gauges, but keep in mind that the redline is what is diffrent. so, instead of 14,500 rpm you can only go to 12,500 before she shuts down. i used gauges from an 02 600 and a 02 1000 motor. some gauges will give you constant fuel warning, but i guess i got lucky, mine work great. you should also consider changing your sprockets... the stock 600 gearing is SUPER low for that 1K motor. it will wheelie in 5th gear easily if you stay with the stock 600 gears. i went with a 42 tooth rear sprocket and a 15 tooth front. that puts me -2 up front and she is a monster. good luck with the swap and i can awnser some of your questions along the way. just shoot me a PM

·
Registered
360 Posts
Sweet, Hybrid, thanks for the info

I'm looking at trying this also... what was your downtime for the bike once you got everything and started doing the swap? I've worked on cars my whole life, so I have a good bit of experience with mechanics. I guess it shouldn't be too hard.

How does the bike run?

·
Banned
6,053 Posts
runs like a bat out of hell. today i have it all torn apart for a fresh paint job and i put in a new 1000 swingarm. that 600 swing arm flexes under hard power. the total down time was about 2 days. total work from start to finish was about 8 hours after i already had all my bodywork taken off. the new motor goes in easily. i would recommend some old headerson the 1000 motor that you dont care about when installing the motor. that way you can jack it up from underneath and not worry about your oil pan. i know in your 04 the 750 motor bolts right up with no frame mods or fabrication. i see youre from Rincon. my neighbor that allowed me to use his body shop and gave me help all through the project will be there in a couple of weeks to visit his brother. maybe you can get with him and he can help you out.

·
Banned
6,053 Posts
heres the front right motor mount i made. all i did was welded a bracket to the motor and then drilled holes that line up with the frame. works great, but i wouldnt do it unless youre good at welding aluminum.

and here is what i did to the 600 radiator so that it will work with te 1000 motor. every other hose stays the same , but this one is not used.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts